Looking for fresh ideas about housing in Del Mar.
A citizen task force has been set up by the City Council to glean ideas from the community about how to achieve our housing goals for the years 2021-2029.
If you want to offer suggestions, there are several ways to participate.
• Log on to the city website, DelMar.ca.us, type in “housing” in the search box, see a link to “Sixth Element Housing Task Force.” Type in your thoughts.
• A user-friendly survey will soon arrive in every household to collect citizen ideas
• a public workshop will be held in March to promote citizen discussion about housing opportunities.
• task force members have listed their phone and email contact information on the city website and welcome input from individual citizens.
In addition to these outreach efforts, the task force is reaching out to similar California cities to learn from their experiences what has worked to achieve progress in housing production.
An increased effort to enhance Del Mar’s enforcement program is under way including the following elements:
• a pilot program to utilize in-house staff (lifeguard, parking, other enforcement personnel), instead of hiring a private security firm. The plan is to expand hours of evening coverage during the summer season.
• create a part-time public enforcement officer position to provide supplemental patrol and enforcement support, working with the park ranger, lifeguards, and parking enforcement. Tasks would include patrolling of the beach and parks, staffing special events, and increasing evening patrols.
• reclassify a parking lieutenant position to public enforcement sergeant with expanded focus on overall enforcement, broader than just parking.
The overall goal is to enhance public safety and enforcement presence in the community by bolstering internal staff teamwork and strengthening collaboration with the Sheriff’s Department.