City of Del Mar Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR), June 30, 2019
Capital Improvement Milestones
Milestones reached for several capital improvement projects during Fiscal Year 2018-2019 include:
• Construction completion of the Solar Project on the new City Hall project.
• Final design work completed, and construction began for the Downtown Streetscape project, which is Segment 1 of the Citywide Streetscape Plan, along Camino del Mar between 9th Street and Plaza Drive (completed in the first half of Fiscal Year 2019-2020).
• Preliminary engineering and environmental review phase of Camino del Mar Bridge over San Dieguito River continued towards completion.
• The City continued design and construction work on the City’s multi-year effort to systematically identify, prioritize, and implement water and wastewater and roadway pavement rehabilitation projects. The City completed $630,000 worth of roadway paving during FY 2018-2019 and $1,316,000 of utility improvements.
• Completed emergency repair on a failed major stormwater pipeline under Carmel Valley Rd.