Valerie Fanning | Forest Way
|Photo Valerie Fanning.
Click on image to enlarge.
• 6 large ripe fresh peaches, peeled, pitted, sliced into ½ inch wedges – Smit Farms, SunnyCal Farms
• 1 teaspoon cinnamon
• ½ cup granulated sugar
• 2 cups fresh blackberries –SunnyCal Farms
• ½ cup seedless blackberry preserves – Terra Verde Foods
• 2 cups Coconut Almond Granola – Asana Foods
• 1 cup honey vanilla almonds – Smit Farms, Hopkins AG
• ¾ cup flour
• ¾ cup brown sugar
• 6 Tablespoons unsalted butter, cold and cubed
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. In a large bowl mix the peaches with the cinnamon and granulated sugar. Transfer to a 9-by-13 inch baking dish. Mix the blackberries with the blackberry preserves and dollop on top of the peach mixture.
2. In a medium bowl, using your fingers, mix the butter with the brown sugar and flour.
3. Add the granola and almonds to the butter, sugar and flour mixture and toss together.
4. Sprinkle the topping over the fruit and bake for 45 minutes to an hour or until the top is golden brown and the fruit is bubbling. Let cool for 30 minutes before serving.
Serve with a Talihina Sky (Iced Mint Coffee) – Coastal Local Coffee Co.