Daresse Webb | 10th Street
|Click on photo to enlarge.
Ingredients (Serves 3-4 as an appetizer)
- 1/2 lb Ahi Tuna - Dry Dock
- 1T Green Onion - white only (save greens for garnish)
- Schaner and Valdivia Farms
- 1T finely Minced Ginger
- 2t Sesame Oil
- 1T Soy Sauce, Tamari or Braggs (more if desired)
- 1 t Sesame Seeds
- 1/4 C finely chopped seeded cucumber - Valdivia
- 1T + 1/2t lemon juice - Bernard, Schaner & Rancho Mexico
- 1 Small Ripe avocado lightly mashed with a fork - Schaner, Bernard and Rancho Mexico
- Toasted Baguette slices for serving - French Bakery Le Rendez Vous
Lightly grease small bowl with oil then line with plastic wrap leaving plenty of excess on sides. Press wrap so it sticks firmly to sides of bowl. This will help to keep it in place when layering ingredients.
Rinse tuna in cold water and pat dry. Cut into small cubes and place in mixing bowl with onion, ginger, sesame oil, soy, and sesame seeds. Gently mix. Place half of the tuna mixture in bottom of bowl, lightly pressing down with a rubber spatula. In a separate bowl place chopped cucumber and 1/2 t lemon juice. Lightly mix then place on top of tuna mixture, again pressing lightly with spatula.
Add 1 T of lemon to the mashed avocado and layer on top of cucumber. Top with remaining tuna. Take excess plastic wrap, fold over top of mixture, and firmly press. Unfold and invert onto a serving dish. Garnish with extra sesame and/or chopped green onion. Serve with toasted baguette slices.