Di Holker | Coast Boulevard
|Photo Di Holker. Click on image to enlarge.
1 lb fresh pappardelle pasta
3 tablespoons quality olive oil
3 cloves garlic chopped
1 ½ sliced bacon lardoons
8-10 oyster mushrooms diced into cubes
1 preserved lemon diced
2 nubs butter
½ cup vegetable or chicken stock
½ cup wine
2 pinches chili flakes
1 handful parsley
1 bunch arugula
1/3 cup parmesan
salt & pepper
½ cup toasted pine nuts
1. Bring 6 quarts of water to a boil in a large pot, and add 2 tablespoons salt.
2. In a 12-inch sauté pan heat olive oil over medium heat until almost smoking.
3. Add garlic, lardoons, mushrooms, preserved lemons, chili flakes, pinch of salt and butter. Sauté 4-5 minutes.
4. Add stock, wine bring to boil and reduce to simmer.
5. Add pasta to boiling water following directions on package
6. Add arugula, wilt.
7. Add handful of parsley, stir. Salt and pepper to taste.
8. Serve on heated pasta plate, cover with mushroom sauce, then garnish with cheese and pine nuts.
Bon Appétit !!